Webbing done by Gerri was interesting. You learn about topics and key terms. You learn about relationships and graphic organizers. Children can learn alot by the skills that webbing presents.
Barbara's presentation of "magazine" was educational. The magazine activity presents a wide variety of skills that could benefit our students. It is a very collaborative activity that introduces many skills and strategies that our students can learn from. This activity can be 1 semester activity and the magazine becomes the portfolio. My student would love this activity, it is very engaging.
Lalains "picture" activity was great. Students can reflect on pictures building visual and writing skills. It builds thinking skills.
Mary's presentation was wonderful. I love the idea of expanding this activity and the idea that my student always has the last word. It brings forth personal ideas for our students.
Everybody presented wonderful activities that I could use.
Monday, April 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As usual I love your activity. You have so many great ideas that I can included for my 1st graders. Keep it coming!
Charlene, I enjoyed your presentation. Thank you for showing me what a "Graffiti Board" looks like. I like the fact that students can partake in this type of curricular engagement and still benefit from the multitude of learning skills integrated throughout the activity.
I spoke to my RM-V reading group about this particular curricular engagement, and they seem pretty enthusiastic about the whole thing. I have nothing against DI, its just that my gifted students get really bored and get themselves into trouble when they have to wait for the other students to finish their lesson.
Post a Comment