Monday, March 19, 2007
Logic
I love Mary's idea of teaching logic. I could really see it in my kids when logic is not being used. I remember when I first had my kids, I use to wonder what happen to their logic in doing things. I realized that maybe they weren't being taught effective logic skills. Teach logic to your kids so they can use their head to decide things. I really enjoyed the (activity 5) presentations. Even when some of us are restricted with how we teach, we still find ways around that restriction. This is what teaching is all about. I learned alot from everyone. I love all your ideas and strategies. You all are really helping me in my teachings. I guess this is why I ejoy our blog and moodle sessions so much. Because we are allowed to have a collaborative learning community.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Charlene
Maolek for you! You are already on your way with building a community of inquirers in your classroom by having a parent partnersihp. You make house visits which is what Chapter 5 encourages teachers to do.
Mary
Hafa Adai Charlene!
One of the 3rd meeting objectives in your lesson plan concerning "...connecting students' prior knowledge to new situations" definitely linked with the Chapter 5 presentation on Maintaining a Community of Inquirers. It is always refreshing to know that you are very enthusiastic about working in SPED. You always seem to encourage everyone about teaching -especially when you share the types of activities that you conduct in your classroom. Thank you!
Post a Comment