Monday, April 09, 2007

Curricular engagement

Gerri on story webbing: The hands on activities provided a scaffold to learning how to do the activity. I never did webbing in my class and Charlene as my partner was great help. The good tip I learned was to create subtopics before details.

Charlene on graffiti board: This is another activity I had never done. Char makes it sound really interesting and useful that I did not realize before.

Lalaine on picture reflection: I like the format she introduced. It is most likely something I will introduce in ESL.

Mary on save the last word for the artist -- I like how she gave us first a background on why we are doing what we are doing.

Thanks for all the ideas -- Barbara

3 comments:

Ms. Sakisat said...

I am really excited for you. You get to try all these stuff for the first time. I bet it will be exciting for you. All you have to do is modify it to fit your students abilities. Good luck!

Ferris said...

Your comic strip idea is a blast. My students will love it. I will for sure use it at the end of the school year when DI instructions are done.

Lainne said...

Thanks for introducing that comicstrip website to us. When we finally get to use internet in the classroom, this is definitely one of the websites I will introduce to my students and I'm sure they'll have fun with it. I did. Actually, I didn't leave the class without printing out what I created. Thanks!