Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Curricular Engagement

Once again great ideas from all of you.
Geri—Webbing help students see clearly how information relates to one another. Another wonderful PowerPoint from you.
Charlene—I have been reading to my students. But they always stare at me with these big eyes and at times I wonder what they are thinking. Your idea about having them draw while I am reading helps me get closer to what’s on their mind.
Barbara—The comic strip activity. What can I say? It is a hoot. Also, I did not realize that there are so many roles that students can partake in producing a magazine. Looking forward to seeing ours.
Lalainne—I had some pictures of my students on the bulletin board, and today asked them if they remembered what they were doing that day. I had a lot of wild answers but it sure brought out the excitement and laughs from the students. Great idea!
Dr. Rivera—your activity makes one feel better about them and brought out the good in all of us and I got to know the others a little better.

4 comments:

Ms. Sakisat said...

I am happy to help Mary. Just remember that kids need activities that relate to reading. Reading by itself does not reinforce learning. They must realize a purpose for your readin. Any type of activity will help. All you have to do is think like a student and what you would enjoy enough to participate and learn. You are a great teacher and I bet you can come up with new and wonderful ways.

Lainne said...

I love the picture you posted. I really like the ideas you presented last night. I realized, though I'm a lousy artist, I can express what I feel through simple drawing. And it's really true that a picture says a thousand words. Did I say that right? Hehehe. . .
I'll be calling you, for sure!

Gerri said...

My partner, Barb and I got all caught up in the excitement of your "Dance! Whirl! Whirl!" [and swirl]portion of the poem that we almost forgot to dream. Anyhow, at least we got your character's hairstyle down pack.

Barb Jacala said...

I found this site http://www.vsarts.org/x1132.xml that you might all be interested in. It has lessons using art. I got reminded of it after Mary's presentation.

Barbara