Monday, February 12, 2007

About Saturday Morning

Hey guys,
I was at the Nikko Hotel this Saturday and I had fun. But unfortunately, I didn't see you guys there except Gerri, who was so awake that morning! Where were you guys huh? Hard to wake up that early in the morning huh? Well, let me just share with you guys what happened at that IRA meeting. That morning was very musical. Students from Mt. Carmel were there to perform all throughout the morning. And the instruments they played were xylophones and drums. They were terrific. I wish I knew how to play an instrument well. And of course they had three presentations and the one that I was able to see was "Panel Theatre with Fire Works". That was awesome. The presentors for this were from Japan and they brought with them products from their country that they have been using in the classrooms for thirty years now and are still very effective. These products were called Panel Theatre. It's just basically using felt like material from Japan and creating different visuals with it. It was a really good, entertaining, and funny presentation. Although it was difficult for us to understand them because they were talking and singing in Japanese, they were still able to get their messege across because of their wonderful product that's very educational. I wish you guys were there to see it. I'm glad I ended up at that section of the ballroom. That morning was a success for me. I look forward to attend upcoming IRA meetings because of that experience, even though I didn't win a single prize from the raffle! But hopefully, I'll win next time.

1 comment:

Ferris said...

Lalanie
I was there sitting with Geri. How did we miss one another? I sat in on the "I spy" presentation. It was fun. Will share the presentation with everyone when we meet next week. Loved Ms Reed's technology book. Wish we had time to incorporate such activities in our instruction time. I wanted the personal computer. Oh well, next month!