Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Yesterday's Class

Hello Everyone
I already miss you guys. I have not laughed this much in a long while. The activity was wonderful especially after a long hard day at work. The stories where funny and Dr. Rivera, what a concept! I look forward to using all the ideas generated by everyone to use the write round activity in future endeavours. I also liked the idea that Dr. Rivera went over the chapter. It refreshes my mind and made me look for things I missed in the textbook. Dr. Rivera, when you mentioned "Don't fear writing" well, that was like you were talking to me directly. I loath writing. But, I am learning just like my students to keep working at it. Also, you mentioned about giving students choices, such as, learning centers. Subtly, I have began planning on how to intergrate all this ideas into DI instruction without rising eyebrows. As I mentioned in class,I have squeezed journal writing into my DI instruction time as of Monday. The students do this after they finish all DI work and while waiting for me to start a new lesson, or during recess and lunch. The students love this new concept. Today, my students were so impatient waiting for me to give them a new topic for journal writing. By the end of the day one student came up to me and said she wanted another topic so that she can keep writing. Wow! If only we had more time and NO DI. I have not read any of my student's entries yet. I want them to keep writing and hope to bring home their stories this weekend. See you all on Saturday 8:30 a.m. Nikko Hotel.

No comments: