
I really enjoyed Barbara's presentation on The Authoring Cycle as a Curricular Framework for Reading. Barbara's presentation reinforced the fact that students need many opportunities to do more exploring by reading many different things.
Additionally, I really enjoyed hearing the various poetry lesson plan ideas from our colleagues. Listening to Robert Frost read "The Road Not Taken" was such a treat. He had all the right emotions for all his verses and stanzas. Plus his voice was so powerful.
Finally, the counting rapidly out loud in English and Chamoru was quite an experience. At first, I felt confident counting quickly from 1 to 10 in English. However, when we switched to a combination of quick responses in English and Chamoru, my brain was not processing the information fast enough and everything I wanted to utter was not coming out right. Now I realize why we have to be more patient and understanding when teaching students to speak the English.
1 comment:
Hi Geri
Check out Lainne's comment. It was meant for you BUT I goofed! Oh well, blogg, bugle, blag, whatever... I am still learning. Sorry, bear with me ladies. Its still a learning process. I feel just like how our slow learners feel!
Post a Comment