Monday, February 19, 2007

Presentation

Yaay! Lets clap for Barbara for doing a great job. I thought that Barbara did a good job at explaining what the Authoring cycle is. I could really picture the process of Authoring Cycle and its benefits. One idea that she quoted was learners expect entertainment and engagements. I say bring it on. As long as I am still young I can learn to entertain and engage my students to read. The key is the techniques and strategies that create meanings that you would use. Lets all be creative and spontaneous but with meaning. These are just some of the ideas that really caught my eye. I as well as the rest of us can relate to all these topics. Because these have an impact on all of us.
*How you teach is just as important as what you teach
*You move back and forth between authoring and learning to expand meaning
*create an environment filled with books- provide opportunity
*have a variety of reading activities with different strategies--keep interest
*Millennial student is a non-lineal in learning
*Learners expects entertainment and engagements

No comments: