Monday, February 05, 2007

The Authoring Cycle

I love the idea that the Authoring Cycle presents. Its an idea that allows our students to think for themselves and expand their thinking. I found as I read Chapter 2 that the ideas presented are a combination of many ideas that we as teachers do use in our classroom. The wonderful idea about this cycle is that your able to know your kids minds and thinking. Your able to see their world through their eyes through their stories. They are able to express themselves confidently for what I could see. I visualize also that it engages the students because of the different sections or corners that they travel to. But the most important part about the Authoring Cycle is like what Mrs. Rivera says "The cycle is ongoing, it never ends" and this is what I think our kids need. A never ending proof that what they are doing in class is worth something after all.
As we had on our discussion in class I did find some points to my classmates questions. They asked questions like "How does the teacher have so much time to do this cycle?" or "What was the studies time line?" These are questions we have to ask when an idea is introduced. The question that I ask also is "What happens to the students who go through the cycle when they move on to the next class level?"

No comments: